Ultimately I had planned to have it modified after the wedding to wear again (as you do!). Well, I did it! Karen's lovely team helped me modify this to a gorgeous wearable cocktail dress.
- The length was shortened to a cocktail length and still accommodated the fullness that was part of the train.
- Black velvet ribbon was added to the folds of the bodice and onto the "belt"
- The shoulder and flowers were removed and thin shoulder straps with bows were added
- The ivory corset satin ribbon was replaced with black satin ribbon
- A black silk flower was then added to the dropped waist band.
I haven't worn it yet but I'm pleased I did it. I'm sure the right event will be just around the corner and I'll have exactly the right dress to wear!