Thursday, January 6, 2011

Drape drape 2 dress

Having recently become a little obsessed with Japanese pattern books, I've made a dress from the Drape Drape 2 book. It's made in a fabulous Missoni stripe sourced from my favourite fabric store Tessuti.


As I've found with many of these patterns, it's best to check fit etc before cutting fabric. Often the sizing can be quite small for us non-Japanese girls. This dress was made for my sister who is on average a size 8-10 (AUS) and I cut the large size. The shoulder straps were extended 5cm as the pattern neckline was quite small and we also wanted added length. Two cm were added to the length also.

As this dress relies on the stretch it's important that the hem is allowed to stretch as much as much as the fabric allows otherwise you have difficulty getting it over your head!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...