Friday, January 20, 2012

Golden Globes gowns

I've had a blogging vacation - sidetracked by other things. While the sewing projects have slowed lately, I did want to catch up on the Golden Globes (yes I know it was a few days ago..). I did think many of the gowns were underwhelming and strangely familiar but there were 3 that caught my attention.

Firstly, the wonderful Helen Mirram in a navy Badgley Mischka gown with a jewel encrusted belt and plunging neckline. This women knows how to dress - age appropriate (something uncomfortable about that phrase) and elegant. I though she looked stunning.



Next, the incomparable Angelina Jolie. Equally stunning in a Atelier Versace gown that's very different from what she's usually worn on the red carpet. The ivory coloured satin structured gown and the folded flash of red complement by the red lipstick created a very dramatic look. A little icy and distant perhaps but dramatic nonetheless.



Lastly one I'm undecided on but I think I liked it for it's originality - the  Monique Lhuillier formal strapless ball gown with the contemporary digital splash print worn by Sarah Michelle Geller and reportedly selected by her daughter.




What do you think of these? Did you have a favourite on the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...