As for the quick sews projects, I haven't decided yet but I'm focussed on planning which "complicated" project I should tackle first. And these are the projects where I'm going to need help.
One dress I do want to try is a Vintage Vogue Paris Original Pattern, Couturier Dress by Jacques Heim - 1047. I seen it made up here and I really liked the clean elegant look. Plus I think it's a flattering style and I'm going to make the sleeveless version. Not sure where I would wear it at the moment but hey.....
Here's the fabric that I've chosen...a cotton elastine...it's not quite a busy as it looks in the photo.
Here are my random thoughts so far...
- the pattern size is one size too big and will have to be graded down. I've never done this before.
- I've decided to make a toile to make sure I get the right fit. Never done this before either but I bought meters of muslin for the purpose:)
- This will be the first vintage Couturier pattern I've used so I'm not sure what to expect. There are not too many pattern pieces so this is encouraging. I haven't had a chance to read the instructions yet either.
So I have some questions....
- Should I cut the pattern as the pattern size then adjust the sizing in the toile based on fit?
- Has anyone used a vintage Couturier pattern - if so, any tips?