Saturday, June 11, 2011

Royal Wedding - Maid of Honours dress

Yes, I know, there's been a heap written about this dress and the wearer recently but I wanted to satisfy my curiosity about the details anyhow...."Pippa's dress"...
Designer: Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueens
Fabric: Heavy, ivory satin-based crepe
Description: Close fitting dress with cap sleeves, cowl neck front and small back train. The dress was finished with gazer (stiff silk) and organza covered buttons fastened with Rouleau loops and handmade lace trims which echoed  the Bride’s dress. 
I do love the dress but I suspect wearing it is not for the faint hearted - think shapewear! If you're keen to make the dress you can find, what I think, is an excellent pattern for the dress here. 


source



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...