Monday, February 20, 2012

Inspiration Board: Cowl neck cocktail dress

You may remember my post about inspiration boards on some of my vintage patterns. I started this because...well...Polyvore is just plain fun and often it helps to see the potential in a pattern, especially a vintage one where we would prefer a contemporary look.


Cowl neck cocktail dress

Cowl neck cocktail dress by sewindigo featuring a silk dress

What I like about this pattern is it looks comfortable, elegant and effortless to wear. Depending on fabric and accessories it can be dressed up or dressed down. It's also flexible - waist tie, neck tie or no tie. It can be worn short or long with a side slit.

In a pretty floral print it could be a sweet summer dress, gorgeous in a vivid silk or perhaps a show stopper in sequins.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suellen, just to let you know that I've nominated you for a Leibster Blog award :) I'm really getting into this vintage pattern following and have pictures of what I'd like to make. Thanks for sharing your collection and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...