Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Collecting stuff

Unable to get my hands on fabric or a machine during our travels, I have resorted to collecting stuff for my stash. Not entirely productive but fun none the less.

I have haunted Op-Shops, markets and all manner of second hand, vintage and antique stores (much to the confusion of my better half). While I'd collected small things that have taken my fancy, I don't entirely know what to do with them....yet. My favourite places have been Maleny, Queensland (great for second hand books and organic linen) and Bellingen, NSW a beautiful town with fantastic vintage stores and cafes.

Here's a sample of some of the "electric" collected stuff...the good news is we should be home soon and I can get to "work".
1950's vintage "Babes in the Wood"

1950's vintage "Babes in the Wood"

1940"s illustration 

The cutest fabric

Potential cocktail ring perhaps

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, those babes in the wood - adorable! And love that 40s illustration - has a touch of the Norman Lindsay about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like fun - I know, the guys just don't get it. I have collectables in my sewing room, they can be reminders of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bit slow on the uptake...I am glad to know another Weigle-ite. The ring idea sounds great.
    Cheers Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, wrong sign in...it is late and I am tired Cheers Nick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...